"Welcome to A Better Way for BPA!"
Working To Preserve Our Land And Our Landowner Rights
Our fundraisers are coming together quite nicely. There have been several GENEROUS donations towards a raffle at each of the events.
We will have a raffle for a Stihl Farm Boss chainsaw and a second and third place prize at our Territorial Day's Booth. The dates for this event are July 12, 13, 14.
This is held at Amboy Territorial Day's Park, 21400 NE 399th St, Amboy, WA 98601.
LAST DAY OF SUMMER MUSIC FEST AND FUNDRAISER
We will have a raffle for two cords of firewood and several other prizes for lucky winners at our Last Day of Summer Music Fest and Fundraiser. The date for this event is September 21st, 3-9 p.m.
This event will be held at Moulton Falls Winery, 31101 NE Railroad Ave, Yacolt, WA 98675
Three bands will be entertaining us, hamburgers and other picnic-style foods will be available, and some of the best wine ever encountered will be available. Bring the kids and have a relaxing day listening to the bands Maple Rose and Clark County Benign Band, and make sure you have your dancing shoes on because later you can shake a leg to the Beatles Tribute Band, Abbey Roadster.
We are diligently working on the 2013 summer and fall fundraising events for our Legal War Chest.
We are in need of volunteers and donations of items.
1. Territorial Days Booth July 12th, 13th and 14th. BPA will be there and we will be too!
Instead of petitions and signs this year we will have a raffle.
What we need from you:
- Item or items to raffle. Do you know a quilter, artist, craftsman, massage therapist, travel agent, merchant or anything else that could be donated for our raffle?
- Volunteers to help man the booth. Can you volunteer a few hours of your time? We don't expect anyone to stay an entire day, just a few hours.
Hours the booth has to be open.
Friday, 3:00 pm. to 9:00 pm.
Saturday, 11 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Sunday, 11 a.m to 5:00 p.m.
2. Garage Sale September 14th and 15th. Amboy Grange.
What we need your help with:
- Donations of items
- Volunteers to help set up, tear down and help during the day of sale.
- A drop off place for items. Do you have a garage or building available where people can drop off their donations?
3. Fall Music Festival and Dinner September 21th or October 19th.
What we need from you:
- Items to raffle: Do you know a quilter, artist, craftsman, massage therapist, travel agent, merchant or anyone else you can ask to donate for our multiple raffles and silent auction for this event?
- Parking attendant
- Set up and Tear down
- Serve and Clean up.
Position-- Fundraiser Organizer
Skills needed--The ability organize a fundraiser by working with others as an active member of a team to raise funds for our Legal War Chest.
Pay--The gratification of helping others, while working to preserve your community.
Hours--Could equal thousands of volunteer hours morning, afternoons, and evenings with little sleep at times (at least that's what we have experienced while working to preserve our communities).
We really would appreciate your help.
January 4, 2013, Open Public Comment began today with the Army Corps of Engineers. Click on the attachment below to read the news release.
Unfortunately, Colonel Bruce Estock, Commander and District Engineer with the Army Corps of Engineers in Seattle disregarded our request to send notification of their Open Comment Period to ALL landowners impacted by the I-5 Corridor Reinforcement Project. They are only sending notification out to landowners up to 300 feet from BPA's Preferred Alternative.
Again, your land has not been released! It's critical that you submit your comment to the Army Corps of Engineers and to BPA, even if your land is not on the Preferred Alternative.
The Public Notice only discusses BPA's Preferred Alternative, and it does not address any other Options/Alternatives. It's critical that you comment, even if your land is not on BPA's Preferred Alternative.
Instructions on how to comment to the Seattle District of the Army Corps of Engineers: http://www.nws.usace.army.mil/Missions/CivilWorks/Regulatory/PublicNotices.aspx
Steven Manlow is the project manager. He can be reached at:
Steven W. Manlow
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Seattle District Regulatory Branch Southwest Washington Field Office
2108 Grand Blvd
Vancouver, WA 98661
360.694.1171 - Phone
360.750.9307 - Fax