"Welcome to A Better Way for BPA!"
Working To Preserve Our Land And Our Landowner Rights
April 9, 2011
- Did you know ALL BPA proposed eastern rural routes on the I-5 map are "POPULATED?" The route my home sits on is route 26 and it is very populated, isn't yours as well?
- Did you know that BPA would have to purchase 1,273 acres if one of BPA's proposed eastern rural routes were chosen by BPA for their project?
- Did you know that along BPA's existing corridor of routes 9 and 25 (BPA's right of way) BPA MAY have to purchase 12.5 feet, 22.5 feet, 30 feet, and another 30 feet in only FOUR locations?
- Did you know more people will be impacted and lose property rights on a new eastern 1,273 acre route as opposed to four along BPA's existing corridor of routes 9 and 25?
- Did you know BPA secured easement rights 70 years ago along the existing corridor of routes 9 and 25. Don't you think BPA should use their own land that they have secured rights to?
frequency fields, contained valuable information regarding different types of radiation and once again confirmed that there are no known health risks to humans from
There are, however, possibly some problems with certain electronic medical devices. There's a section on our web site addressing this topic under "Health Issues" and click "Pacemakers." It is recommended that you contact your physician and the device manufacturer to find out if there would be any interference from these 500 kV lines with your implanted device.
A Better Way for BPA is offering these resources for the rural landowner who has no BPA easement adjacent to their properties.
It’s up to each individual landowner to determine the risk of submitting this kind of information to BPA. It’s simply a choice; either live with towers and lines looming on and over your land for the rest of your life, or not.
BPA has sure put us all in one heck of a position!
This is one of many tools for the private landowner to use to provide documentation to BPA as to why your property is not suitable to put their towers and lines on your private property.
The information these experts gather will be kept confidential and will only go to the landowner to use however he/she wishes.
This information will NOT go to any agency or person. Once your land is evaluated, it will be up to you to decide what you want to do with this information.
- Our Professional Wetlands Scientist and Certified Ecologist is Joseph Leyda. Now, during the wettest months of the year is the time to get your property evaluated.
Feb 7, 2011
A wise man said to me recently, "You may disagree as to the best wired alternative, but that doesn't give license to denigrate the efforts of others."
With that, I have to say it was a very disappointing day today. The elderly gentleman, who had his signs torn down last Tuesday, found the same signs pulled out by the posts today. You can see the before and after pictures below.
Who ever is doing this is RELENTLESS!
We will be putting these signs up again because this is America and our Constitutional right of Freedom of Expression is still intact. The sign vandals will be caught. Please keep an eye out and report anything suspicious to the Clark County Sheriff's Department: 397-6195
We are offering a 100.00 reward for information that will lead to the arrest and conviction of these vandals.
An elderly local man had to spend a day taping up his yard
signs and re-installing larger signs posted in his field after
vandals destroyed them.
These vandals came in the night with a box cutter or knife
to shred signs that support our group, A Better Way for
BPA. While on his property, the vandals also destroyed
seedling trees when they threw the larger signs on top of
The incident has been reported to the Clark County Sheriff's
office. We are asking you to be on the lookout for who
might be destroying these signs.